View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Welcome to YT Diana and congratulations on your new puppy!!!!

For crating, it depends on what you are using it for. If you want one for the car, a smaller one that has a place for the seat belt to loop through is good and usually one more soft-sided. If you are going to use the crate when you are away from home and for potty training, you want a larger crate that they can stand up fully in, be able to turn completely around and have a little bit of room in it. Either a plastic or wire crate will work for this purpose. You may want to have a blanket or something padded for the bottom of the crate for your pup's comfort as well.

As far as size goes, if your pup is already 7 lbs at 4 months, he will get bigger than 7 lbs fully grown. The growth charts can give you a pretty good idea, but they aren't perfect either. My Angel was 2 lbs when I got her at 14 weeks, she gained a full pound during the next month and another 1/2 lb during months 5 & 6. She is slightly over 4.5 lbs. at 10 months and I don't expect her to grow too much more, but another 1/2 lb is probably realistic.

Good luck with your puppy. You'll get lots of great information here!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!