View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 05:05 AM   #8
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Breed or not to Breed

Bely bands are wonderful for the male who likes to hike his leg in the house.
I have found that it only gets worse in the male once you use him for breeding- and that neuterin him may not solve the problem if you have used him as a stud.

Have you looked at the Yorkshire Terrier Standard? Sit down and look at each one of your kids- get a paper and right down their good points and the bad points(Faults) that you see in each one of them. When you are looking to breed you want the twp parents to be to compliment each other- and if one has a fault you should try and make sure that the other parent is strong in that area. Take the kids to the vet and have them checked out from head to toe- are they sound- do they have good solid knees and hips- If the vet has concerns about thier physical structure they may not be candidates for breeding. Are you prepared for the investment of time and money that it will cost to raise a litter of yorkies. Do you have the money set aside for the tails to be dockek and dewclaws removed. If there are problems can you pay for a C-section? Can you be with that mom no matter when she goes into labor? If you have a smalll weak puppy do you have all the items at hand to help supplement that kid every two hours for the first couple of weeks.

Do you have the place to keep a litter of yorkies? One or two puppies can cause a lot of damage to your home. ( I have my first wall paper remover- hubby said that I taught him to do it cause I want the kitchen remodeled)

Are you prepared to make the financial investment for vaccinations/ wormings etc at the vet. Are you willing to find a good loving home for the babies?

Wnalegria
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!