View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
eauxbehv
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 Breed Or Not To Breed?

I have two yorkies a male 10 months - Sebastian and a female (Sweet Pea) 4 months.

I thought I would have one litter and then get them spayed and neutered. Well, when I got Sweet Pea she become very ill and it took a lot of nursing, bottle feeding, force feeding etc, to save her life, which we did, she is a healthy 4 month old pup.

Every since I got Sweet Pea Sebastian has regressed in his housebreaking. He thinks my house is just a big pee pee party . This little 5 lbs dog is to funny, we laugh and say he was way to much testasteron (sp) for his little body, he is Mr. Macho, in his walk, his actions just everything (he's so cute I love him to pieces). The vet said if I neuter him it should cure his need to spray around the house, but I hate to rush into anything to regret it. They are so cute they would have the cutest pups. But, I wonder how would I keep them apart until Sweet Pea goes into at least her 2nd heat? I couldn't bear to keep them caged and separated, they are inseparable.

Is it selfish of me to want to breed? I enjoy them so much I would love to give a few pups to deserving families (after a lengthy interview process), or do I really need to add to the Yorkie population?

Advice?

Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!