View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Newman Update...

Hi guys. Once again thank you everyone for your concern and support for Newman and I. Gloria, I'm sorry I didn't call you back tonight but as I was going to call you the vet finally got back to me and then it was almost 10pm and I didn't want to call you that late.

We have some hope tonight. Our vet spoke to one oncologist but not the one he really wants to hear from His guy is on vacation and that's why he didn't call me until tonight. Anyway this is where we stand right now;

First, the surgery to amputate will run about $1500 instead of the five or six thousand I misunderstood it to run. The radiation was going to cost about that and not the surgery. Second, if we go through with it he will spend about two to three days in the hospital and the recovery time goes fairly quick as does adjustment to just three legs. With that said;

The vets concern at this time is that he's been in practice since 1977 (30 years) and he's never seen this type of tumor appear in the foot pad and neither has any of the other vets he's spoken with, nor has he found any documented cases in any of the journals or papers he's reviewed. For this reason he is not sure what the outcome or prognosses is after surgery and for that reason he's still waiting to hear from the oncologist that he deals with and trusts so this is what we are waiting on and should have answers hopefully by tomorrow.

Personally, I am a wreck. I'm a wreck over the fact that we will lose him for sure if this is not done and I'm a wreck over his losing his leg. Understand it's not for cosmetic reasons I could care less about that and I believe he'll adapt with the three legs. I'm more of a wreck over what kind of pain he'll be in and for how long and that is breaking my heart.

I'll keep everyone updated and thank you all so much for your support.

Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!