View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Deja vu all over again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry
I made several calls to our local emergency Vet Service and finally at 21.00 the lady came out to me, she was excellent and very up front with me, it turns out that Lilly has picked up a small parasite that has caused her some serious internal trouble.

Tevent, why do we have parasites anyway.

I am at work now for what its worth 14.45 I am so worried.

In searching for this thread, I saw another about taking them to the beach, and it reminded me....

MANY years ago when I was a young girl we had a dog that got sick from parasites. (The one thing I DO remember is the vet saying that the stool sample had "more parasites than could be found in a monkey's sh*t" - the things you remember!)

Anywho... We had taken him to the beach on vacation with us, and the vet said that it was probably something that he ate while playing at the beach. He was young and at the stage where everything went into the mouth, so no telling what it was!

Probably nothing since the beach trip was recent, but I'll ask my mom if she remembers more details (other than the stool sample quote) and let you know.

Bottom line, he got better and lived a long and healthy life, and I'm sure your baby will too!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!