View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
Barbara92021
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Thankyou for the great advice everyone! Ginger isn't overweight so I think leaving the puppy food out for their free feeds, is best.

They have been sharing the water bowl with no growls of ownership from Ginger, so that's a good sign. We sectioned off an area for ShyAnne, for feeding and peepad training. The other nite I put Ginger in with Shy, when I gave them their suppers, and they both ate away nicely. Shy is much quicker than Ginger tho, as she is still a puppy, so she went right over to Ginger's dish. She was promptly told off by her sister and she sat right down, beside her and waited for Ginger to finish. Then she went and licked Ginger's bowl spotless. Not that there was much left to clean up! LOL

I guess what I'll do then is feed them their meals, separately - either side of the room, and then put out puppy food for free feeding. Ginger seems to love the puppy food so I can't see that being a problem, either.

Do they gain weight, on puppy food, very quickly?? Or too much weight? I'll just have to watch Ginger, I guess and see how she does.

Thanks again for the quick replies everyone!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!