View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #11
Meggie
YT 500 Club Member

Just a bit of information that might be of use.

It's now the law that the vet has to give you, free of charge, a copy of the prescription for medication your animal is on if you ask him to. It can be amazingly useful if your dog is on long term medication. My oldest Yorkie has a heart problem, age related, & has been on 2 lots of pills for the last 3 years, which I bought from the vet at £48 a month.
I'd heard these drugs were cheaper online, from reputable pharmaceutical suppliers in this country.

When I was at the vets last month, with one of the younger ones for his stitches removed, the head vet happened to come into the treatment room where the nurse was removing his stitches, so I plucked up my courage & asked him about it, expecting to get a cool response. But it was amazing, he was very interested that I could get them even cheaper than his supplier charged. He sorted the prescription there & then, so my old one wouldn't run out, & asked me to let him know how I got on & what it cost, to give him leaverage with his supplier for a cheaper price.

I ordered the pills from a firm down south. I'd found a few different sites selling the drugs I needed, all similar priced, but I chose this one as I could email a scanned copy of the prescription & we were getting a bit low on the pills.The service was incredible!
I ordered & emailed at 11 am Tuesday & the pills arrived, by registered mail, free P&P, at 10 am Wednesday, less than 24 hours later!
They were EXACTLY the same branded pills that I buy from the vets, same tub, same box, but instead of costing me £48 they cost me £23.
Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!