View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have to make a comment....Breeding a bitch before 3 is recommended but however, it really depends on what breeder/mentor you speak with. My mentors have also been in the breed for a very long time but not as long as some of course but nonetheless long enough and my bitch just had a very healthy litter of two girls and mom and babes are doing just great and she's 4 and this is her first breeding. My bitch championed just before 2 years of age and I ended up specialing her that same year and she did quite well I must say LOL for my first special. She turned 3 in 2006 and with 2 failed breedings which by the way my bitch is very high strung and I knew when the first breeding failed it was due to her traveling and being out of her own environment so we tried again and when that failed I knew I had to breed her in her own environment of course she had 2 beautiful baby girls and when the breeding occurred she turned 4. You have to know and have researched your lines. Cammie is out of This Time and Myboy kennels. Mom is doing great! She delivered the first one naturally but the second one was delivered by c-section due to the length of time between the 2. So depends on the bitch you are breeding in my opinion
Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!