View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Courtney Durham
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Season time for a yorkie is as follows (this is an average).

1. 1 Week coming in - Swelling.
2. 2nd Week - Showing Color (blood)
3. 3rd week - Coming out and breeding time (usually best breeding time beginning on the 10th day from the onset of showing color. Breeding once every other day; 2 or 3 times.

Yes, both male and female should be held during the mating process. A first time female can hurt a male, especially during the tie and ruin his studding career. A first time male usually has to be taught on how to stud.

Breeding Toy breeds requires a little more assisstance and care than larger breeds.

A bit off the subject. Waiting to breed a female for the 1st time until she is 3 years of age can put your female's life in danger.

I'm assuming that you've done all the required preliminary tests on these 2 dogs and they both are an excellent representation of the standard, with great pedigrees.
Thanks for the reply...
Yikes, I thought that waiting would be more beneficial. I'm always hearing horror stories of people attempting to breed to early with disastrous results, which is why I opted to wait... She's at her 9th or 10th day today since her bleeding had begun, so she should be ready.
Both dogs are registered through AKC and have been checked by their vets and are both very healthy.
Thanks again!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!