Thread: How much???
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #9
iloveemmy
And the winner is...
Donating Member

I understand the "thrifty" bit...I recently changed Emmy and Oscar to Canidae, but still had about 1/4 of a small bag Royal Canin Yorkie food and a little Science Diet puppy food. I dumped them all together and shook up the canister. The furbabies like it and I feel better about trying to use up the other food. When they finish the entire canister off, then I will refill it with just Canidae. Emmy and Oscar probably each eat about 1/4-1/2 cup dry food a day (that is the total amount). I really don't measure...just eyeball it! Their food bowls stay down all day (free feed). I fill the bowls in the morning and they eat when they want. By dinner time (around 6:00) the bowls are empty and I give them the rest of their kibble, just because they like to eat dinner when we eat, but this is still counted in their total amount for the day.

They do get small "snacks" during the day--probably more than they need--depending on what we have--bits of cheese (their fav), cheerios, tiny amounts of fruit, plain yogurt, etc. I use dry kibble for training treats--training as in sit, stay, down, up, crawl, etc. Now for potty treats, I do try to give them something they love--a bit of a soft treat that I buy at the vets.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited by iloveemmy; 07-23-2007 at 04:04 AM.
iloveemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!