View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #36
omichka
YT 500 Club Member

The best choice is YTCA.org since most of show responsible breeders belong to a club.

Please, just be careful when you are looking for a yorkie pup in WA area. Unfortunately, many back yard breeders around. I used to communicate with show breeders from YTCA, and they told me that most of them from Olympic Penincula, Snohomish. Also, there are a puppy mills in Snohomish, Tacoma, Sultan, Arlington, Maryswille, etc.

Before you chose a breeder please do your homework what responsible breeder is. Just google "back yard breeder vs responsible breeder"

Below a few tips:

- a good breeder will not sell yorkie earlier that 10 weeks. Run from a breeder who sell a pup at age less that 8 weeks
- you MUST see at least one parent. If a breeder doesn't show them, this is big RED FLAG (puppy mill?)
- you MUST receive a guarantee. And WITHOUT frase "no money back, only replacement a puppy". Too many sad stories when BYB sell sick puppies and no one pay a vet bills, even if pup died. Just think - do you really want to replace for another defective puppy from a BYB?
- PLEASE READ STANDARD. When I was looking for a pup, I was told that yorkie standard is 10-12 pounds. Well, not only idiots around, how she probably thought . There are a few quality of yorkies, and some breeders charge way too much money for a POOR BREED pup (fluffy coat, disproportional body, oversize, etc)
- NO such a thing as tea cup or whatever. Those word people love to use as marketing word. There is ONLY one standard: not exceed 7 pounds ! Period.
RUN from a breeder who breed too tiny yorkies less that 3 pounds.

To review a references on particular breeder, go to

http://seattle.citysearch.com/review/37537077

good luck
omichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!