View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #13
erika1948
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad Pet Insurance

This is a sore spot with me. I really believe in the quest to provide the best vet care, the veterinary profession is pricing ordinary people out of having pets. I have had two dogs for the last 20 years and it is getting so bad that I think these two will be my last. I have a yorkie and a poolde and every time I walk in the door it is a $65 exam fee. Bloodwork now includes the test, a fee to analyze it and a fee to dispose of it for a cost of $120 every time they have bloodwork done. My minerature poodle now has heart disease which means $20 medication every 7 weeks, an echocardiagram at around $350 twice a year, xrays at $150 a pop, bloodwork and they both get teeth cleanings at close to $500 apiece just about every year now. Just like everything else, pets will eventually be only for the rich. No wonder people of ordinary means are abandoning their elderly pets to shelters. Sorry to vent, but that's how I'm beginning to feel. I work two jobs and right now one of them is practically devoted to vet bills.
erika1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!