View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Lacy is 7lbs and fits perfectly in most smalls. Her measurements are a 9in neck, 14in chest (I think if I remember right), and a 10in length. Different brands run differently so we usually look at each individual brand's measurements and weight recommendation. It is always better to go by measurments (neck, chest, length) first and then the weight recommendation. These are the brands that I can think of and the size Lacy normally wears in it: Hip Doggie, Little Lily, Monkey Daze, I See Spot, Ruff Ruff and Meow, Pet Edge (SMALL). LuLu Pink, Gooby, Woof (MEDIUM - these brands run smaller). With Target clothing she either wears a X-small or Small because their clothing varies so much. I bought her a yellow/blue polo dress with pleated skirt that is a x-small and then bought the cherry dress in a small. I think dresses look better when they are longer on their body (almost to the tail). In my experience, Pet Edge dresses in Xsmall are pretty tiny and would probably be too small on a 6lb dog. But the problem with Pet Edge is they have such a big difference between their sizes! An Xsmall is too little for Lacy but a small is usually pretty loose on her (although the length is good). Part of that will depend on the individual style as well.

Here are some pictures of Lacy:

1. A Hip Doggie dress size Small
2. An I See Spot dress size Small (I See Spot's dresses fit shorter than other brands - they have a shorter length)
3. A Tank by I See Spot in size Small
4. The Cherry Dress from Target size Small
Attached Thumbnails
Is it too small...her clothes?-cherry-dress2.jpg   Is it too small...her clothes?-sunshine3.jpg   Is it too small...her clothes?-all-dressed-up-tank2.jpg   Is it too small...her clothes?-cherry-blue.jpg  

Last edited by MyFairLacy; 07-17-2007 at 11:43 PM.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!