Thread: Crate Training
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

We didn't use a crate all the time either. I was also home with Reagan so I was able to watch her closely, although I'll admit I could've done better. Anyway What I did is I only used the crate right before she went out. Like if she goes out every 2 hours then maybe 15-20 mintues before the two hours I would put her in her crate then take her out at the 2 hour mark. If she didn't go back in the crate she went then back out in maybe another 15 minutes or something. Also if you are actually watching her and maybe at the time that you would put her in her crate she's sleeping then I would prob let her sleep until its time to go out(as long as you are going to watch her and make sure she doesn't get up and wander around and use the bathroom in your house) then if she doesn't go when you take her out put her in the crate when you come back in.

My thinking was that this way she isn't crated all day but only right around when she's going to have to go potty. I will admit though that I'm such a slacker I didn't stick to it, or any particular method, very well. The best thing for me was just to try and get her outside before she really had to go.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!