View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
Chico
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 049 Fun activities for a dog getogether, need ideas

Not sure if the title is right but....

The Terrier club in my Kennel Club is going to plan a fun meet together by the end of the summer, we are going to rent a medium big "house" (place like where you have the dogshows) and some cabins (little houses) and meet out in the country with our dogs. Have some fun activities and have a big dinner together etc. A fun weekend for Terrier owners.

We will arrive on friday night, order some pizza maby and just chat and maby go for a walk. On saturday we will do something fun inside with the dogs and on sunday we will maby take a walk and go home in the afternoon. So the saturday is the day we have to plan.

We donīt have many terriers here, only Yorkie, Silky Terrier, West Highland White Terrier, Border Terrier and Cairn Terrier...and one Parson Russel Terrier and one Jack Russel Terrier. All small dogs.

The only thing is that I need some ideas of what we can do for fun in the "big house" (what is that called, here in Iceland we use the house that horces use to practise in indoors....canīt remember the english word, in icelandic it means literally riding-palace ).

The idea is for to do for ex:

Agility (we have arranged to borrow the equipment)
Dograce (people hold the dogs in one end of the house and the owners go to the other, then the dog is released and the owners call their dogs to them, the fastest dog can win a price)

I need more fun games or competitions. Any ideas?
We were planning to have a small dogshow and invite for ex. an icelandic judge to judge there but most of Terrier owners are not interested in shows so we want to do something that they will enjoy and want to come because of.

I think it might also be fun to have some prizes, any ideas of what kind of prizes are good?

Can anyone here help me with some ideas
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!