View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #19
yorkieK9trainer
YT 1000 Club Member

Wink I'm glad you like her-

"From what I understand the Monthly specials are something someone created when they did her site. I told her I thought Featured Pup would be better. I have been to her kennel and it's not a puppy mill. The dogs get out and run, its clean, and AKC comes there regularly to check her kennel. She has never sold a dog to any petshop, etc... This woman works hard and really loves those dogs and they love her.

Puppy Mills go check one out in Pennsylvania and then you will know what one is."

-----------The word Puppy Mill has a negative connotation, as it should to a certain degree. It doesn't mean that the dogs are necc. of lesser quality or are ill though.
What it literally means are puppies that are being cranked out and typically included in the definition by association alone, there are three breeds or more being produced. And not all millers have to sell to pet stores for business. They do well enough standing alone and selling to the public like any other breeder. It's the ones that have say 5 breeders or more (especially when larger breeds are bred) that they have pups left over from their own sales and they go to auction or pet stores often times labeled as "from private breeders" which can loosely be used to label Puppy Mill breeders also. Further, AkC doesn't come to check quality of the dogs being produced so long as she can verify that the dogs listed in her breeding programs on paper match up to the dogs on the site. And that the whole breeding practise and living conditions are of a certain quality and safety. I know because I've stood through many, one just recently.

With that said, she is in fact a puppy mill.

It doesn't mean that she doesn't have nice dogs. It doesn't mean that they aren't healthy. What it does mean however, are all the things I just posted above.
She fits the description for one and that's why I posted as such. I used my words appropriately.

I'm glad she loves her dogs, that just one of many qualities a breeder *must* have. If I wanted to be rude as some may have thought I implied, I could've picked apart the quality of the dogs shown on the site, yet I didn't....so please, don't jump or get defensive just because I called a duck a duck (if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, odds are...it's a duck).

Thanks ladies!
I hope everyone is doing well-
Leslie
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!