View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #48
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Jean View Post
I have never heard of a Biewer Puppy Mill, most puppy mills will not pay that high a price for a Biewer, let alone have enough for a puppy mill. What state are the Biewer Puppy Mills in that you are referring to? It would kill me to think a breed that is sooooooooo sweet could end up in a puppy mill, I can't stand a puppy mill of any kind as all on this forum hate, and generally puppy mill puppies are sold to pet stores. Have you ever seen a Biewer in a Pet Store for sale?

I agree with you be very careful who you sell you puppies to, and make sure to get references, from their Vet for a starter. Also ask for pictures of their house, and pictures of their yard, and of any other animals they have.
Donna Jean - sad to say but we know of one in Canada and yes we have seen a few dogs listed as Biewers in some pet stores in the US (actually I think one was listed in Scottsdale, AZ) but we are pretty sure they were mixed pups with the black and white coloring. Also, there are a lot more Biewers in the US then you realize and it is just a matter of time until we see them in Pet Stores and with the Hunt Corporation. This will happen as long as breeders in Germany & the US don't care who they sell their pups to and they include breeding rights. There are already Biewers being sold for $500 (in the US) - very poor quality and limited information on their lineage so you can see what the outcome will be. Gosh, 1 1/2 years ago you hardly saw a Biewer on puppyfind and now there are pages.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!