View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
Do you need two full brothers with the same identical genes? Pick the one who sires the best quality and health, temperment and soundess...all that good stuff!!

Every forum has dozens of posts from unhappy pet owners with unhealthy Yorkies..we as breeder must do all we can to insure the line is as healthy as humanly possible. It is no fun to have to worry and stress over each litter..then keep them months longer then need be because we are worried something will go wrong..enough can go wrong with with puppies who act/appear 100% at selling time..

You are lucky, a problem is staring you in the face and you have the opportunity to fix now before it gets the better of your breeding program.

Thank you everyone for your responses. The lines my studs and females come from is healthy but I know there can be throwbacks to the 10th generation.

We have found part of the problem is coccidiosis. We just recently moved and apparently the dogs or some of them were more stressed than they appeared. I didn't know stress could cause a problem like this in my babies. The puppy shots combined with the low blood sugar and coccidiosis is a most likely explaination of what has been happening. We are treating all of our dogs for it rather than testing each and every one of them.

I know this may not be the whole story but we will see what happens when this is cleared up. I can hope that it takes care of the problem but I will be wary that there is more to the story.

Thanks again, Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!