View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Tatiana11
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
Okay well Paulapoo and I have been relentless on following up on Cody. He was returned to the hospital by the family who adopted him due to possible liver shunt and health issues. If you are not familiar with this story here is the original thread
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84576

He was fostered out for the weekend pending many tests to be ran. They held off on the testing as his stress level was very high and could be throwing the liver enzymes off (he tested high)
So after being with foster mom and put on soft food he is up bouncing playing and as she said "acting like a chow hound" she described a very happy playful baby. He was back in the hospital this morning for Bile Acid Test and back with foster mom as of about an hour ago. He was not nearly as stressed and seemed perfectly fine.
The hospital seemed very concerned about this lil guy as the vet Dr. Harry has a yorkie himself. WHen speaking to her she was definately easing my mins that he was in great hands and she talked to me for about 15 minutes about his symptoms and she seemed VERY knowledgable. Like when I asked if was head pressing, walking circles, acting funny after eating a protein filled meal and she didnt act suprised by the questions, and knew all the answers.
She said they are looking for every sign they can and he just isnt showing any but thats not to say he does not have a shunt.
If the Bile Acid comes back showing a shunt he will undergo surgery (if operable) Dr Harry does do the shunt surgery. He has did a few in the past (i think she said 4) all sucessful. I wish he had more under his belt but Every Dr. out there (even Tobias) started at 1. Hopefully he doesnt even need the surgery.
I did have my name in at the hospital first to adopt Cody, BUT the foster mom has always wanted a Yorkie, he is her first and only. She has had him since Saturday. After talking to the hospital and hearing how they talked about the foster mom and how she now wants to adopt him....well I told them move my name to #2...I am sure I could push the issue but she lives right by the hospital, she is attached to him, she put herself out there knowing he has possible issues and loved him when he needed it most. He is now used to her, she has greatly reduced his stress level, and the hospital seemed very happy she came to his rescue. As much as I wanted Cody in my family maybe it wasnt meant to be....I am still able to check on him and call whenever I wanna, and I am on his file to call if he ever gets returned again.

I just thought those of you who helped me with my million questions and struggling with the decision of taking him would like to know how lil Cody is.

I did realize how scary the thought of taking on a "special baby" is. Hats off to those of you who foster and rescue. I also learned my sister is willing to rescue also. I was shocked at her lack of hesitation when I said you wanna help a lil boy named Cody? I told her just part of the story and she blurted out YES, I would take him in a second. We raise our yorkies together they are all brothers and sisters (same parents different litters) I have Ada the 4th-8th

Im going to give Cody time to settle and see if it works out...but soon, my sister and I are going to search out some shelters that have a baby in need. So if anyone in Michigan knows of a rescue in need let me know. Its not something I want immediately, I really wanna wait on Cody.

Thanks for listening.
That is the sweetest story. Thank god the baby is doing better, It sounds like he is in good hands. I understand the foster mothers attachment to him, but really, deep down in my heart I wanted you to get him and make him part of your family
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!