View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #47
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by set1958 View Post
Mardelin

First post: green fluid is normal unless there is an odor. After my post saying it is not normal then you stated not necessarily. Perhaps I misunderstood your thought process. However, whelping pups and delivering babies is not totally opposite like apples and oranges. Both humans and dogs conceive the same way via egg and semen. Both have a certain gestational period. Both babies and pups are nourished via a placenta. Both grow inside a sack filled with fluid that breaks or is broken before their first breath. If it breaks before they are born then problems can occur. Both dogs and postpartum moms have a red to pink discharge after delivery. Both contract, dilate and deliver via pushing to expel the offspring. The main difference is that each pup has it's own sack ansd placenta. Sound pretty similar to me . Not to mention nursing and milk production. No apples and oranges here.
Green fluid is normal, what you must be aware of is foul oder. Tami, you are correct if occurs prior to the delivery of the 1st pup it is a sign that there is a problem.

Last edited by Mardelin; 07-01-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!