View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #13
hasrv4fun
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmsmom View Post
I don't like the idea of sticking something like that in Diesel. Diesel is always with me and does not run. If we are out in public he is always on a leash or in my arms. I know that something can always happen. I also know the the microchip[ is not universal. Each company has a different code and not every vet or shelter will use the company. PLus not all vets will even have the equipment to check for a microchip. I think this is really a personal choice more than anything.
I am going to try to teach not preach here LOL you must do more research as there are only 2 types of microchips and both can be read by the same scanner that most all vet and every shelter has. As a breeder I will be microchipping all puppies that I have beginning August 1 for the protection of the baby due to the high theft rate of Yorkies.

Personal choice ? Yes you are correct but consider this - suppose as happened to my daughter who recently was involved in an auto accident and someone not knowing what all was in the car let her two darlings out( some how they had gotten out of the car seat with a cover on it that was in the back seat ) when opening the door to try to help my daughter - The "kids " ran and of course would not come to strangers - my daughter was unconcious and unable to call them - They were taken by strangers and only because her dogs ( and all of mine )are chipped could I track them down and recover them -
What I am saying is that no matter how good and well trained our babies are , we never know just when, do to no fault of ours or theirs we won't be there to protect them and this could be the tiny grain of rice size chip that brings them back. Just something for you to consider and I say all this in the very nicest and not critical way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!