View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Wolftrap
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default PLEASE HELP.Umbilical hernia/low cost vet care

I posted this here because I know more people look in this section....

Hello everyone I haven't posted in awhile. I have a question. My yorkie developed what the vet told me was an umbilical hernia. It was a small soft lump on her stomach. He said it wasn't that serious and it wasn't a big thing and I can elect to have it removed. So I left it alone and noticed about a month ago that lump is not soft anymore. It is now hard and protruding more out of her stomach than it was before. It doesn't seem to bother her but I'm worried because everything I have read about these hernias is that they are soft and when you touch them they go right back into the stomach. Hers used to do that but doesn't anymore. Anyone have this problem?

Also, my second question is my vet quoted me for the surgery $350. I'm in a financial bind right now. Does anyone know of any low cost veterinary care in New York? I was going to try the ASPCA but I'm not sure if they are low cost or not. And I don't qualify for any programs that offer low cost or free care to low income families. PLEASE HELP! I want to get this thing removed ASAP. TIA!!!
Wolftrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!