View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #51
Mitzis Mom
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIVIA_KARHIS View Post
You have to ask for nothing but a BIG CUP of ice lol.

They dont sever anything with ice bc you dont get free refills (unless its fast food). YOu have to pay for them.. so they believe in giving you your moneys worth...not like back home where half of your drink is with ice (from TX).

Even thou they dont have good old fashion ice tea here and its not hot enough to make sun tea.. there hot tea is REALLY REALLY good. Its nice on a cool night or winter day. I think thats what I am going to miss the most... there coffee and tea. its MUCH different then American tea and coffee.
That's right! There are even laws that a glass has to be filled to the little line you always find on top of a bar or restaurant glass (Eichstrich). If it's not you just tell the waiter... that's also the reason why at the Oktoberfest in Munich the beer steins are not beer steins anymore but beer glasses In a stein, which is made from clay, you can't see if there is enough beer in it b/c of the foam. Oh yes, and the foam... Germans LOVE beer with foam and when they get it without they call it horse pee...

It's also true that tea and coffee are much better... my father used to call the American coffee "little flower coffee" (Bluemchenkaffee) b/c on the old fashioned china cups there are little flowers on the bottom and when you can see the little flower through the coffee... well, let's say it's just brown water then...
Mitzis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!