View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #17
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshutchins View Post
He is playing, eating, drinking, etc. not acting sick at all. When I came home to let him out to potty on my lunch break today, he had thrown up a yellow/orange color on his blanket. I took him outside to potty, and he threw up again. I rushed him to the vet, and she did some blood tests. One of his kidney levels was off, and his liver level was slightly elevated. He also has sugar in his urine. He has had no changes in his diet/exercise. We have no poison, anti-freze, etc. in or around our house anywhere. Has anyone experienced this? He is only 4 pounds and he is my baby, so I am really scared. Thanks.
Did they run the CPLI test as that is the only true test to determine pancreatitis so make sure that is run as amylase and lipase are not accurate for pancreatitis. My dexter had it severe and had to have a plasma transfusion - he relapsed after being on iv's for 4 days - keep him in the hospital as long as you can as pancreas needs 48 - 72 hours with no food on stomach to calm down - it is very serious - no treats as many treats can cause this and yorkies are prone- my dexter was 7lbs when this happened and he was 2 - we took him on a walk came home he jumped on ottoman and vomitted by next morning it was profuse vommitting - it was horrible - if the cpli test was done you are in good hands if not i would question as i spent 3k with vet before i had to rush him to an internal medicine doctor as he got worse so ask vet if they did cpli and if they have heard of plasma transfusion as those are the two latest technology in helping with severe pancreatitis - hopefully your baby has a mild case of it.

After this he will always be prone to it so only give kibble and nothing else as this is expensive to treat and it can recur over and over if you do not control diet of the little one.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!