View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #10
AVERYxo
Lovin' my Girlies!!
Donating Member

Avery is almost 9 weeks and is actually doing really well with the pads!! She won't poop on the same pad where she pees though either.. So we put two down-and that has worked out great!! She does go on 1 pad.. in the bedroom in the middle of the night and if she is in her xpen(probably because she doesnt want to go to the bathroom by her bed or food/water.) When she is just out with us at home we use more than one pad and she almost always will go on the pads- its funny because if the pads "arent clean enough" for her liking, she will go right next to it. haha.
I DEFINATELY recommend treats.. and lots of praise when she does go!! The treats help her to remember she did something good and has worked out really well, so far. (knock on wood-haha.)

Also if your puppy nips/bites at you, try making an "owwww" or "ouch" type sound. (i heard this reminds them of what her mom and siblings would do if she bit them too hard, then try to not pay attention to them right away.. or give them a stern look) It seems to work for us, alot of the time. (just thought i would share.) XO.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!