View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana11 View Post
Thanks for your reply. It def puts some things at ease. The peeing and drinking was bugging me as it is one of symptoms. But I honestly think its because he goes so crazy during play time, its hot and well.. he is a puppy!! He eats normally, acts fine after food. He does like his naps but I think that references back to the playing lol. so thanks for the good advice!
I think you are right it is normal for them to play and get hot and then drink and pee.
A LS puppy has anorexic problems from the beginning. They will go to head pressing and circling as a typical symptom. Most of the time they are undersized puppies and will be 4 lbs or less as adults.
Having said that, it doesn't mean every small sized puppy is going to be an LS but it is a reason that I won't sell a small sized puppy until it is almost a year and already spayed/neutered. Problems will usually show up before then and definitely when under anesthesia. I would rather have the problem and keep the pup here to its life span that put it with some unsuspecting pet owner. If I do sell it after determining it is okay, I still give genetic guarantees to the age of 5 years old.
I remember my Frasier was the whiz kid until he was about a year old. He is now 7 years old, a healthy 7 lbs, I showed him at the dog shows here in Canada, he has his championship and he is the sire of my Liana, she has her championship, and he is the grandsire of my boy Jamie who also is in the show rings more than half way to his championship.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!