View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #25
SophieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lplord View Post
Well, it is 9:30 and he is still very lathargic, he ate at 1:30 this afternoon, and drank water ok, but as for now he refused anymore food. He finally pooped a small bit early this afternoon and again about 9:00, again just a small bit, about the size of a quarter. He is urinating some. The weakness scares me, he follows me around the yard, slowly, but with the excersize did result in a little poop. I noticed his stomach is hard and it seems uncomfortable for him when i try to rum his tummy. I guess it takes a day or two for the antibiotics to kick in and make him feel better. The vet said for me to call her early in the am to see how he is doing, if not doing much better she may have to hospitalize him to get more fluids in. She might then go ahead a give him the test for pancreatitis. He does not believe he has it as he only vomited those 4 times within an hour and it never happened again. Also no diarhea. So I will let you all know more as the days progress...
Lana
Sounds like your vet is staying on top of your pups illness. Pancreatitis is extremely painful, and debilitating. A blood panel will show his level of protein. If you have read on the internet about the disease, it will help you be educated. If he doesn't have it, all the better. Yorkies have extremely sensitive stomaches and I learned the hard way to stay away from greasy food and treats. Good luck and will check your post tomorrow to see how Buster is feeling.

You are a good mommy to take such good care of him, and insure he receives quality medical care.
SophieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!