View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #21
lplord
Yorkie Yakker

Star

Hi all!
Buster was not doing very well this morning. Had trouble waking him up, picked him us and he was just like a limp rag! Got a second opinion. First thing the vet said, it sounds like pancreatitis, newest type blood tests are done here at this vets office showed his pancreas levels were very high, low potasium and all the other indicators show an attach of acute pancreatitis. He is staying overnight on IV fluids and all the good stuff he needs. Dr says he is resting comfortably now. He had such stomach pain it just about killed me! In the morning he will be doing blood tests to check those levels again, and if he is showing signs of improvement and he looks allot more alert he can come home in the afternoon. I thought by all the research I did yesterday that was the conclusion I came up with too. Well, what a learning experience this has been... $126.00 of it!!! That is what the first vet charged for the wrong diagnosis. I will let you know tomorrow what the outcome is. Thanks again everyone. I love this forum, I have learned so much!!!
Lana
lplord is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!