View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

[QUOTE=sassypup;1186578Jodi, I hope Angel recoops...what a mess. I'm sure she will be back to herself in no time.[/QUOTE]

Like, I said earlier - each pup is different. We had no problems with Sissy who was jumping around and as active as before on day 2. Angel went back to the vet today. Her incision continued to weep - now crusted and bloodied. Well, she has a fever and the vet took one look at the bloddy scabbied incision and said it needed to be cleaned up. Her feeling is that is why it continues to weep. Since the scabs were pulled off and it was cleaned up, it looks much better - but her belly is obviously sore. She got another 3 days of pain meds and continue on the antibiotics. She is definitely not feeling well and you can tell since she just wants to be held and cuddled.

Always trust your mommy instinct. I almost wasn't going to take her in today, but I just knew she wasn't doing very well 7 days after the surgery..... Luckily, what Angel is experiencing is NOT typical. Hope your spays are uneventful!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!