View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #12
mire
Yorkie Yakker

Default I came here for spay/neuter advice too...

..and everyone was so helpful. But keep in mind every dog is different. Rylie (my 2 yr old boy) took longer to heal, he was lethargic and not very hungry for a few days. Layla (my 10 month old girl) was up and running the same day-- even though spaying is so invasive and alot more painful than neutering! Also he weighs close to 9 lbs and he required pain medication when we got home; Layla was only 4 lbs and didn't need any medication (except for the precautionary antibiotics which is standard after these types of procedures).

So take your Yorkie's personality & disposition into account, but try not to worry. I was a mess when both Rylie & Layla had their surgeries but in the end, all you can do is find a vet you trust and shower your babies with as much love as you can when you finally get them home.

P.S. I used a doggie- cone for my laid-back Rylie and he was fine with that; I used a doggie-cone, a Onesie and even purchased a playpen to keep an eye on my energetic crazy Layla but she got past everything-- yes, she pulled the cone off, slipped out of the Onesie and JUMPED out of the playpen...

mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!