View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

I can tell you that my vet's office said the same thing following both girl's spaying - no running, jumping or stairs for a week to 10 days!!!! That is just about impossible when you're 4 lbs and the entire world is larger than you are.

That being said, when Sissy was spayed, she rested the day we picked her up (my vet keeps them overnight) and by the next day she was back to herself. She never had any problems at all.

Angel has been a different story. She was spayed last Thursday and is definitely not herself. We've already had one return vet visit (yesterday) as her incision is weeping. With any movement (even a body stretch) it starts to weep again. I did get a onesie and she still licked her incision, so when we saw the vet she got the "E"-collar. She looks pathetic, but the collar weighs a couple ounces (because of the snaps) and she hates moving around in it, so it is helping to keep her still. Her fur is pretty long and even though they shaved her belly as her incision weeps, her fur keeps getting stuck in the incision as the weeping dries and then when she moves and pulls her fur, it starts the cycle again. I'm keeping her fur pulled back in many multi-colored bands. She looks quite ridiculous!!!! I just hope her incision heals soon. She is supposed to get the stitches out next week.

Good luck with your spaying. We hope is uneventful!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!