View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
Xena'smommy
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Xena's in the hospital!

Please bare with me so I can express my story to you understanding yorkie lovers and hopefully feel a little better.

This past Tuesday night after a day of completely normal behavior, Xena vomited (which she has never done) and then was all stumbly and skittish. After two doses of Nutrical and some yogurt with no improvement, I took her to the emergency vet at midnight. They kept her overnight on IV fluids and did blood work that all came back normal. They discharged her Wednesday morning at 11:00am and said she was back to normal and that she must have had an allergic reaction to something. I was to watch her closely.

Wednesday and Thursday she was her regular, happy self.

Well today when I woke up, her Expen was covered in urine and runny feces (again, that NEVER happens) and she just laid there instead of running around like she normally does. She couldn't stand on her hind legs, almost like they were numb or something and she seemed very tired.

So of course I took her back to the emergency room and now she is there again getting more tests, like Parvo and a bile acid test (which I requested).

She has been the picture of health ever since we got her. This has happened so suddenly and I am scared. She is 8 1/2 months and weighs 5.5lbs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!