Thread: grooming
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

lol........ i just used teh new clippers on him..... i think he looks cute, but my fiance says that he likes him a little more "scruffy" then the way i cut him...... so i guess maybe ill not cut his hair so short next time (i only used the 1/2 inch setting....... so its not THAT short).... i have to say though, he LOVED the clippers i think he thought it was like a mini massage because the clippers vibrated..lol... and when i used scissors to trim around his face, he started to get squirmy......
For anyone that likes to keep their yorkies hair in a puppycut, and they do it themselves i HIGHLY recomend the clippers, it is sooooooooooooooooo easy, the clippers themselves were only $20 and you would pay more than that for just one grooming......
As toby needs to be groomed a couple times a month i couldnt see spending that kind of money for a professional, i think it is working out wonderfully doing it myself...... does anyone have any suggestions on cutting nails???? i cut toby's with regular nail clippers, but can you still do that when the yorkie is an adult or do you need actual dog clippers when they get to be that big??.... i tried the "fileing them down idea" and it didnt go over to well, he is more relaxed when i clip them with the nail clippers and he is a wiggle worm and scared Sh*Tless when i use the nail file........
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!