View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #1
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Baby is finally home!

It has been a long 4 weeks! I met my puppy when she was 8 weeks old but the breeder wanted to keep her until she was 12 weeks. I visited her 3 times and since she was an only child (alone in an ex pen) I supplied a pet bed and toys.

She is absolutely wonderful!!! I am so happy and so in love it feels like my heart might burst.

I set up the ex pen in my bedroom last night and she slept like a baby This morning she wanted to play about 5 a.m. but I got her a little food (which she ignored) then I went back to sleep. At 7 a.m. I brought her in bed with me and she snuggled like we have been doing this forever.

She is active and playful, kissy face, healthy and adorable.

But, she doesn't eat I have tried and continue to try everything you all suggest but today all she had was a cheerio and some nutri cal. She drinks water and pees.

Vet gave me some special picky eater food and she turned up her nose at that too. ugh.

She didn't eat for the breeder either so I am not taking it personally. The breeder had to force feed her and prepare special stuff all day. Now it's MY job.

She plays with any kind of kibble but occasionally I can get her to lick a little food off of my fingers. I can tell my house will be neglected today. (darn, shoot)

She weighs just under 2lbs.

Little Shelby
Attached Thumbnails
Baby is finally home!-babe-128-2-.jpg  
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!