View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
BabyGirlYorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBeakerBoy
beaker will be 4 months on the 2 or feb, he is very small almost a pound and a half....
i feed him about 3 to 4 times a day depending on how much he eats at a time, cause he is very small and needs to gain weight...
i feed him purina small bites puppy chow..... and i will mix a little soft food with it each morning... he has a hard time eating hard food and that is why i mix some soft food with it...
so if you do have any thing you can telll me thanks so much....
Hey There!

Sounds like your little one is VERY little :-) Okay, this is what I was told to do when I brought Tinkie home and it has worked like a charm, "KNOCK ON WOOD!" ha ha

I was told that food should be available all the time, I don't resistric food and I won't till Tinkie is 1 yr. old or if she gets too plump or something. She is perfect weight and she eats whenever she wants. I know this may seem to be a little un orthodox, but Tinkie has a large dog sized metal crate, which I clean twice a day. At night I clean it, put in fresh bedding and fresh food/water. At night I give her dry food and a little plate of canned food (about two tablespoons) she doesn't like it cold so I heat it up. Then I put her to bed. She gets up at night to eat and when she is let out in the morning she is ready to go potty. She will be easy to train to go potty outside when the weather is warmer cause now she waits till she is out of her crate to potty. In the morning I clean and do everything again, fresh everything and her door is always open when she is out so she can go in and eat anytime she wants. Tinkie is active and eats a LOT! But, she isn't even close to being fat. She gets Eukanuba (MS?) dry and wet food right now. I heard that the food you use for your dog is pretty good. What kind of canned food do you use? I wonder if you might want to consider having a better quality wet available more often? Tinkie so far hasn't had any problems with low blood sugar, I think cause she gets food anytime she wants and especially at night when she needs a little snacky. I know I break a LOT of rules of training by the schedule I have for Tinkie and many might not agree with my schedule. But, Tinkie is healthy and active!

I wish you the best of luck and pleeeeaaase update me on the status of your baby...I am worried too!

Thanks,
BabyGirlYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!