View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
59brooklyn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default 4-day old puppy help please.

Hi, I am new and have not really read everything on how to use this but I have an emergency question. To make a long story short, I got a female Yorkie adult from a breeder and never heard from the breeder again when I asked questions. She got pregnant with one of my males...I am not a breeder. She had a C-section, the first was in the birth canal too long and died, the other 2 a male and a female made it until this morning when I found the male dead. The female seems okay but I am not sure if she is eating. I have been bottle feeding since day 1 and the mama finally on day 2 was taking care of them, licking them but wasn't producing milk. I would squeeze the nipples but don't know if I did it right and got no milk. The puppy is sucking on them but I don't know if she has gotten any. I tried to bottle feed but she didn't want it. She has not gained any weight in 2 days as far as I can tell with my digital postal scale cause she squirms a lot. Would she cry if she was hungry. Can I assume she is getting milk from mama? Thank you for any help you can give me. I don't have a car and can't get to a vet and so you guys are my only help at this time, which is greatly appreciated. Robbin By the way...I did have her spayed at the time of the C-section so we won't be going through this again.
59brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!