View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
Too Cute Teddy
YT 500 Club Member

Default don't give up!

Hi, I'm new here, but I had to post and let you know that you are not alone. I am just finishing my first year of teaching June 20th, but it took a long time and many, many resumes (like 75 in 2 months) before I got a job. I was rejected quite a few times and didn't hear anything from the other districts.I wound up taking a long term sub position that I was offered two weeks before the school year started! It turned into a full year job - DON'T give up!!! Remember teaching is very political - it's all about who you know and it stinks when you don't know anyone! Elementary ed positions are the hardest to find - Math and science high school the most available jobs. Luckily I was dual certified to teach elem. and high school English b/c that is what saved me! Remember you can always take the Praxis in a subject area if you have the credits and get certified in a particular content area! Good Luck!!! Don't give up! And when you DO get a job (you will) remember that your first year is supposed to be he**! You get thrown into the fire!
Too Cute Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!