View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
purpledaffodil
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Need to vent: I hate the job world

Somone needs to tell you once you graduate college it is impossible to find a job! I've been out of college 2 years. I sent out nearly 100 applications when we first moved here for teaching job, never heard back from anyone but 3 schools telling me the position was filled. We planned on moving this sumer back to PA and the same thing, never heard back from ANYONE!

We have decided to stay here another year. Don't get me wrong I love being a nanny, but I get no benefits (really no nannies get these) and I feel like I wasted my time in college because I'm not teaching right now! I was a nanny all during college to put me through and now that I finished 5 years of school I have nothing to show for it but a piece of paper. UGH!!!! And there are really no other jobs in my field that pay well except daycare (and thats not for me.)

Seriously. I never knew finding a simple teaching job would be so hard, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if my family didn't keep calling me asking me if I'm still "babysitting"?

Right now the search has pretty much ended, I've given up on finding a teaching job in Colorado, but I'm sick to my stomach thinking about next May when we do move and this crap starts all over again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!