View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #45
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie'smom View Post
Thanks a bunch, I will be sure to get the distilled only. What about treats? Katie is a big treat hound.....she loves beggin strips......can I still give her these or are they a no-no? Vet said not to let her sneak the other dogs dry food, she is driving me crazy wanting what they have. I feel so mean but I know it is for her own good. She just acts like she wants something crunchy! LOL You know how sometimes we just crave something? like something salty? That is how she acts. Her favorite things are scrambled eggs, chicken and cottage cheese. Are these ok? That one website that you posted yorkieluv said those were acidifying foods? Is that ok? I bought a watermelon so I am going to try that today, sure hope she likes it!

Oh my vet tech also gave me a great idea for collecting urine. A ladle, like for soup or punch? They are pretty cheap and you just wait for them to start going and stick it down there from behind. It works great!!
Yes, the urine is alkaline right now, so you're trying to get it more acidic. Those foods that are on that website are fine, but you have to monitor the ph of her urine. You can give those treats like the eggs, chicken and cottage cheese as long as her ph levels are okay. You will learn how to adjust her diet accordingly. You don't want her urine to become to acidic because then she could form oxalate stones. The watermelon has a lot of moisture so that will help get more water into her to dilute the urine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!