View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 AM   #40
irbrenda
Senior Yorkie Talker

Now why didn't I think of that? A soup ladle. Great idea. At least Ralphie won't recognize it for awhile. Just make sure it's a really long handle. I forgot you have a female. It's probably easier to use a ladle than an aluminum pan. I have to catch Ralphie from an angular side profile. And a few times he's stepped right in the pan if I'm not quick to get it out from under him.

As far as treats, I was told that as mean as it might sound, I could not alter the Hill's U/D diet. Not sure about the C/D food for your little girl. A few times I added cottage cheese, a bit of chicken, etc..and he started to gain weight and his urine level changed so I had to stop being so nice to him.

I make him treats from his ugly canned food. I slice about a half inch roll from the can, and then cut the stuff into quarters or strips and bake it in the oven. I keep it in the fridge and unfortunately, that's the only treats he can have. I know for your girl's diet, Hill's makes Prescription Canine treats. Ralphie cannot use those but you probably can. I'd check with the vet before altering the prescription diet food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!