View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #77
mstplumeria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I have people ask me all the time how much Tucker and Sophie cost. I try to just blow it off, because I think that is totally rude and it is none of their business. If they persist, I usually tell them there is a range between pet quality and show quality and mine cost somewhere in the middle. They don't need to know an exact price-I worry too much as it is-so I would be worrying that they are going to follow me home and try to snatch them or snatch them right there in the store.

I had a young girl 10-12 years old approach me in Petsmart a couple of weeks ago. She asked to hold Tucker, I told her she could, but I held the leash. She started to walk off with Tucker in her arms. I asked her what she was doing, she said she was going to take her over to show her mom and would bring him right back. I said absolutely not, and that she would have to bring her mom over to me. Needless to say, no mom and no kid came back.

When I take my Mastiff out, people always ask how much she eats, and how much she poops. I feel like saying "How much do you poop on average??" aarrggghhh it drives me nuts!!

For Yorkies being #1 in AKC popularity, you would think they are a rare breed with the way that people act when they see one!
mstplumeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!