View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #12
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikie1977 View Post
He is 5 months old and HATES to be by himself! He gets bored easy. During the week he does have to be by himself for hours at a time. I always feel bad leaving him. He just sleeps and waits by the door for someone to come home. Does anyone have any suggestions for certain toys or other ideas for keeping him busy and occupied when alone? I leave him treats and a small dental bone sometimes or his porkhide bone. He probably chews on them for a bit. But they don't appear offer any long term help. He just sleeps and seems very bored. He is not eating either (not until I come home and then I need to feed him myself).

Any ideas? Really appreciate it! Someone suggested getting him a KONG toy, I am going to look into it. Sounds like there are a few KONG options, I need to figure out which one is the best for him and his age. thanks!
My suggestion!!!!!!??? Get another Yorkie!! I used to bring Sadie (3 yrs old now) to my parents when I would work because I didn't like leaving her alone. I bought Lillie last August (she is 11 months old now). I was unemployed for 9 months so I was here with both of them for all that time. I am now working again and now that Lillie is a "big girl" and doesn't have to stay in her pen anymore, I leave them home when I work. Works out real well, they have each other during the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!