Thread: I Did It !
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I've heard that comment a few times too..... that they were getting or have a teacup. One lady at the ballpark had a 12 week old Yorkie and was comparing him to Tatum. At that time Tatum was only a year old or so and weighed about 3 pounds (she's now 3 years and a good solid 5.5 lbs). This lady looked at Tatum and said "well, MINE will be much smaller grown up" (with a touch of "attitude"). I asked how much he weighed at the time and he was already a little over 2 pounds. I told her that there was no way to tell at that age but that he would likely be at least as big as Tatum if not bigger - I was just guessing and comparing it the fact that Tatum was not even 1.5 lbs at 12 weeks. She said, no, the breeder had promised her a teacup. That's where I inwardly rolled my eyes and gave up trying to explain it all to her. I wish I could see that pup now and see if she is still as happy with him.

I personally would love to have a tiny but a healthy tiny..... I know there's no way to guarantee that but I know it's possible. Tatum is plenty small for us though and I feel she can really stand her own outside playing with her bigger Aussie sister.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!