View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xena'smommy View Post
Sounds like this girl who goes to school with your sister is a busy body. How old is she anyway? I've never heard of ordinances limiting number of animals, but have only lived out West.

I agree with CO_Yorkie_Momma, just wait to see if anything happens. It takes a lot to enforce those things, it's not like they will show up one day and say "Hand over the dog miss".

Maybe you could call the town or city hall and just ask what options someone has. Don't give your name though, just ask questions. Do some research.

And, don't validate the neighbor by approaching them. Just lay low.

Feel better, I'm sure it will be fine.
Thank you so much. I am OCD w/worrying I think because I have not been able to get it out of my head. They're both in 5th grade, so I don't know if her father who is a cop just said oh she's only supposed to have 3 or someone in her house said something casually, or if they plan to do something about it and she's just being a normal bratty kid.

My fiancee has been calling anonymously trying to find an exception to the rule. I have anxiety issues so I might try to see if she can be registered as an "exception service dog" because I know my therapist will write a letter for me. The clerk was out today who would know if anything can be done, so he'll be calling again tomorrow, and if that doesn't work we'll be calling the NYSDA in Albany to try to figure out a solution.

I know you all must think I'm nuts
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!