View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #12
wemple2
Wee Winston Wiggles
Donating Member

Tough call, but I'd probably pick her up tonight and bring her back in the morning, if it's safe for Gemma. If the vet REALLY advises against that then you should definitely leave her with them...and go there 1st thing in the morning. Is a normal glucose on a puppy really 200-300 and is that different then a full grown dog? Just asking cuz my 3 year old, Winston was taken in with "low blood sugar" the 1st time about a year ago, he was 2 then and weighed 7 pounds...never have quite figured out why his sugar would drop and he'd go into seizures, bad seizures...But getting his sugar up has always brought him out of it. The vet keeps him for a few hours, with IV fluids for glucose and observation...as soon as he was able to keep food down, and his sugar up they'd let him come home...Obviously it would be much more serious in a tiny puppy that may not eat, or vomits when she does.
Know that I'll be thinking of you and Gemma, don't feel bad if you must leave her there, you want a healthy puppy...and she needs medical attention. Wish you and she well!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!