View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
merlinsmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Last Tuesday we had just gotten in bed for an afternoon nap (we've been remodeling the bathroom) and just minutes after laying down he jumped up and started stumbling around the bed like he was drunk. I put him on the floor because I thought maybe he had hurt his back again and he just kept pulling to the right side when he walked. Took him to the vet who examined him and said he looked okay - watch him. Next day (also around lunch) he started walking with a pull to the right side again. Then the really scary incident happened that evening while he was eating dinner. He ran into the dining room and his head was thrust way back as he looked scared and lost. Took him to the vet and started Phenobarb. We had another few incidents the next day of his pulling up a leg and trying to run around wildly like he was in pain. The vet then called for a neuro consult, which happened the next day. Got the BAT and here we are.

I am not sure what the actual numbers were on his test. I freaked and didn't retain as much info as I should have. I am talking to the vet again today, so I will get the exact results.

It's good to know that he is not the only older dog. I feel a lot more positive about his prognosis.
merlinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!