View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
teffiemoore
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Vaccine reactions, have you seen this???

I am posting this here because breeders are exposed to more Yorkies than most, ....Yogi, my little stud is due soon for his annual vaccines. The second series he had, I had to literally carry him around on a pillow for 2 days and give him baby aspirin because he would cry when I would touch him and he was in pain and had a slight fever....Vet said, "these little dogs sometimes just do this"....Ok, well, then his next series several months later, 2 hours after he had them, he came walking out of my room, about 10 feet and fell over and could not get up, his breathing was rapid and raspy. I gave him a benadryl , to at least get that on board, called the Vet, took him in 10 minutes later and he got a steroid injection and he was ok in about an hour...I know he is having a reaction to one of the strains in the vaccine..I know from nursing each time exposed to something your allergic to, the reaction gets worse...I don't want to go through this again...has anyone else had experience with this and what should I do....All of our others do fine with them. Thanks.
teffiemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!