View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #14
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

For the first month or so Chip would ONLY be in the crate when we were at work or gone. He used to sleep with us until he started peeing on the bed. He would freak out if we were to put him in his crate. He'd get this crazed look on his face and franticly chew on his crate door. I had to drench it with bitter apple so he would stop. It was so hard to watch him go through it. Sometimes I actually think I saw real tears come from his eyes. It was so sad but we managed to keep him in there. We put both mine and my husbands worn t-shirts in there with an alarm clock underneath so he could hear the ticking and a warm bed. One morning when I was exhausted and he wouldn't stop jumping off the bed, I put him in his crate and he was fine... it was weird. He's 17 weeks now and some days he's just fine going in his crate. Last night he didn't even wimper at all. Sometimes he wimpers a little and barks if he knows we are leaving. After about five minutes or so he may start to howl a really funny sound, but I think he does that just to make noise. I always make sure he has a couple of his favorite toys in there to entertain him. Just be consistant with her and I'm sure you'll see a light at the end of the tunnel. Chip can actually hold his bladder through the night until about 8-9 A.M. and through out the day when hubby and I are at work. Good luck!

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!