View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

My vet didn't recommend Revolution...but I thought it was for ticks....something about it doesn't work on all the ticks (I guess there are several different ones)...and it didn't work on one of the ticks in my area. Anyway, we have tried Frontline Plus and K9 Advantix. I liked Advantix because it worked against misquitoes too, Frontline Plus, doesn't. BUT, I didn't think Advantix worked well against the ticks in our area, so the vet told me to try Frontline Plus...we just started using it.

There are also to topical sprays on the market now too - they are cheaper than the drops. I believe that Frontline comes in a spray and Orivtol (sp) is always a good one that my vet recommended for my big dogs.

For heartworms....we use Interceptor because that is what my vet carries...it is a tiny once a month pill that hides easily in treats, chicken, cheese, wet food, etc.
When we had our Shih-tzu years ago, we used Heartguard which is a soft chewy treat like medicine and it did well. I am not sure the difference between these two, but I can only get Interceptor because my vet doesn't carry the Heartguard.

Last edited by Jenn218; 05-18-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!