View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
menamc
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyJM View Post
I am so sorry that you had to give him up. Do you think it's possible that he had been hit on the head during this abuse?? You said that his eyes even dilate...do you think there was some sort of damage that was caused by the abuse?

Tammy
I am not sure. It's like he's bi-polar or something, for one minute he's this sweet, loving dog, and the next, he's a demon dog.

I do know that it was a male that abused him, and also, the family had children that aggravated him. And, since he was so bad, and they were a 'prominent' family, they had lots of company, and he was shut up in his crate most of the time.

I feel that he was hit on the head, but I don't know if he was damaged or not. What we did gain from this experience, was, even though we didn't find out what was triggering the growling/biting, we did find that he is ok with food, (was told he had a food aggression), that he's ok with other dogs, and that he will warm up to strangers. I do feel that if we had not rescued him in the first place, as Shirley said, 'He would have gone out the back door.'

Thanks again to all of you who have posted, and given me support. Even though he's not dead, I still feel as if he is.

What a WONDERFUL community!

~Melena
menamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!